Produced and presented by Nakai Theatre, the Pivot Theatre Festival brings together a blend of contemporary and ground-breaking local and national performances. This year get ready to laugh out loud as a real-life son and mom duo bring their family drama to the stage with a Brimful of Asha. Watch award-winning Santee Smith in a visually stunning performance propelled by the voice of Tanya Tagaq and Cris Derksen’s cello in NeoIndigenA. Embark on a choose-your-own-adventure exploration of the fascinating and taboo with Public Secret. Meet the artists and fellow art lovers at the special events, parties, and workshops happening all week long.
*Nakai Theatre’s Pivot Festival presents A Brimful of Asha and NeoIndigenA in association with the Yukon Arts Centre.
Check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/nakai.theatre/
Stay tuned for further information about exciting workshops and talks with famous screenwriters and dates and registration info for the upcoming 24-hour Playwriting Challenge!!
About Nakai Theatre
Nakai is a professional theatre company that focuses on developing artists and their work, in order to produce, co-produce and present high quality theatre for Yukon audiences.
- Creates development opportunities for theatre practitioners, including artistic exchange and learning locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Produces or co-produces work of relevance to northern audiences and as such contributes to the canon of Canadian theatre for the benefit of local, national, and international audiences.
- Operates with a strong organizational structure that ensures the company’s artistic and financial stability.
- Works on audience development to ensure greater understanding and appreciation of theatre.
- Engages in the steps necessary to eventually create a performance venue and a space dedicated to rehearsal and development.
Nakai Theatre Board of Directors