Job posting - Managing Producer
Nakai Theatre, Whitehorse, Yukon
Closing Date: June 8, 2018
Founded in 1979, Nakai Theatre (nakaitheatre.com) has a rich history of creation, production, presenting and training in Whitehorse and beyond.
We are seeking a resourceful and dynamic individual to fulfill the position of Managing Producer to work with Artistic Director Jacob Zimmer. This is a 12 month contract full-time position, with an option to renew after one year.
We create meaningful and energizing experiences by collaborating with local, regional, national, and international partners.
We facilitate individual and collective storytelling and community development through theatre.
We create connections and events inspired by our histories and realities of place, community, and climate.
We water seeds of inspiration and exchange by collaborating with museums, musicians, community groups, scientists and entrepreneurs – sharing the skills and approaches of theatre while learning and contributing to a flourishing culture in the Yukon.
About the position:
This is a senior management personnel position in a two-headed organization. The Managing Producer and Artistic Director report directly to the Board of Directors on an equal basis. The Managing Producer, collaborating closely with the Artistic Director, has shared responsibility for planning, operations, and financial management of Nakai in order to contribute to a thriving Yukon.
Salary: $35,000 to $42,000 yearly based on experience and hours.
Hours: Full time. Flexibility of hours can be considered. Some evening and weekend work can be expected.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with Artistic Director on planning, design, and execution of Nakai’s programming.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Developing and executing effective office, administrative, and accounting procedures.
- Preparing local, territorial and national grant and foundation applications in collaboration with the Artistic Director.
- Fundraising, including creating and executing strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Preparing, in collaboration with the Artistic Director, an annual, balanced operating budget and season planning documents.
- Liaise with contract staff and volunteers including production, marketing, public relations, Board of Directors, front of house, box office, and venue partners.
- Enthusiasm mixed with an attention to detail.
- An eye for opportunities mixed with a clear practicality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the Yukon and Canadian performing arts community are assets.
- Administration experience. Experience in non-profit and arts organization administration is an asset.
- Post-secondary education. Education in performing arts administration or theatre background is an asset.
- Experience with Google Apps, Excel, Quickbooks, and payroll is an asset.
We hope to fill this position by July 15, 2018.
Applicants are invited to view our website at nakaitheatre.com
Nakai strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from women, persons of colour, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of other marginalized or under-represented groups.
Please submit your resume and a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address any enquiries, via the email address provided above, to:
Nakai Theatre HR Committee