September 12 - November 21, 2017
A bi-weekly facilitated get-together for people making new theatre and other performances.
Open to writers, performer/creators, choreographers, and anyone who wants to share work, grow as artists, and build a community.
Each session we’ll share successes and questions, strategies and processes.
Facilitated by Nakai Artistic Director Jacob Zimmer and connecting to his work as a creator and dramaturge for theatre and dance along with facilitation, leadership, and innovation programs at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, the AIDS Committee of Toronto, and Dancemakers and the Centre for Creation.
What to expect / will be expected:
- Open conversation about individual creation processes.
- Opportunity to share or talk through specific ideas for performances.
- Hearing about creation approaches and strategies from the facilitators and your peers.
- Commitment to the group. Attendance at all meetings is preferred, missing more than 2 is not ok.
- Confidential space to share questions, doubts, and inspiration.
- Building supportive peer-to-peer relationships.
- Deep listening.
- Better questions.